Adjuster License Requirements
Certain criteria are required to be met prior to obtaining your license and maintaining it.
- Complete Texas Department of Insurance Application for Individual Agent License.
- Pay appropriate license application fee and fingerprint fees (as outlined in application)
- Obtain fingerprints (recommend having this done prior to class to speed up processing time)
- Complete 40 hours of approved instruction of which 10 hours can be self-study.
- Have application notarized before mailing it to the Texas Department of Insurance. (Notary public will be onsite during class)
- You may be exempt for the exam if you hold (CPCU) or (AIC) designation.
The following states offer reciprocity, so if you are already licensed in one of these states, you may not have to take the Texas exam. Check the National Insurance Producer Registry for details about your license.
|Nevada||New Hampshire||New Mexico||North Carolina|
|Oklahoma||Oregon||Rhode Island||South Carolina|