Adjuster License Requirements
Certain criteria are required to be met prior to obtaining your license and maintaining it.
- Complete Texas Department of Insurance Application for Individual Agent License.
- Pay appropriate license application fee and fingerprint fees (as outlined in application)
- Obtain fingerprints (recommend having this done prior to class to speed up processing time)
- Complete 40 hours of approved instruction of which 10 hours can be self-study.
- Have application notarized before mailing it to the Texas Department of Insurance. (Notary public will be onsite during class)
- You may be exempt for the exam if you hold (CPCU) or (AIC) designation.
Many states offer reciprocity, so if you are already licensed in one of these states, you may not have to take the Texas exam. Check the National Insurance Producer Registry for details about your license. Please let us know if you discover any discrepancy.
|Oregon||Rhode Island||South Carolina||Utah|
|States that do not require licensing|
|Missouri||Nebraska||New Hampshire||New Jersey|
|North Dakota||Ohio||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island|
|States that do not offer reciprocity|
|California||New Mexico||New York|